VISA FREE COUNTRIES
Investors seeking a residency visa for the UK can consider the Tier 1 investment visa. This requires an investment of £2 million and allows temporary residency in the UK for the investor and their immediate family. After 2 years applicants can invest £10 million in order to settle permanently (or £5 million after 3 years). Applicants can apply for British citizenship after either 5 or 6 years of residency.
Acquiring citizenship in the UK through investment in Tier 1 is one of the most attractive investment visa programmes. Investments are restricted to UK government bonds and share or loan capital in actively trading UK companies. Such investments can carry either a guaranteed but low rate of return or a degree of elevated risk for higher return.
- Investment of €2 million (from 6 November 2014)
- Investment not allowed in real estate
- Full family: Spouse and children under 18
- Temporary residency for 3 years 4 months
- Can be extended a further 2 years
- Permanent residency £10 million 2 years, £5 million 3 years
- Strict investment rules
- A diverse and multicultural society represented by large cultural and ethnic communities
- A superior standard of education, a broad network of state and private schools, and more than 150 universities and higher education institutions
- One of the best free medical care services in the world
- A member of the G8
- A key member of the EU, which means greater business opportunities throughout Europe
- An unrivalled financial business center (London)
- An attractive tax regime for high net worth investors classed as “UK resident, non-domicile”
- The travel mobility and security of a UK passport
Offered through our joint venture with a UK-authorized financial institution, the UK Immigrant Investor Program is a three-tiered system enabling people who invest at a higher level to be granted residency sooner. To qualify for the program, you will need to meet one of the three investment requirements outlined in the “Investment Process” section.
In addition to making a financial investment, applicants must also meet the following requirements:
- Be able to maintain and accommodate yourself and any dependents without taking employment (outside of self-employment or business)
- Make the UK your main home. You will need to spend at least 50% of your time there (6 out of 12 months) to maintain your visa status
If you have lived in the UK for five or more years, you are eligible to apply for UK citizenship as long as you meet the residency requirements:
- You have been absent from the country for no more than 90 days (three months) in the 12 months preceding the application. The total number of days spent outside of the UK for the entire five-year qualifying period should not exceed 450 days (i.e. three months of every year, or 75 percent of your time)
- You are of good moral character and are not in breach of any immigration laws
- You can demonstrate a good knowledge of UK life and culture, and a basic level of English or Welsh, or Scottish Gaelic languages
Applicants must invest no less than 75% of the specified investment amount of their capital in the UK by way of UK government bonds, share capital or loan capital in active and trading UK registered companies. The remaining 25% should be invested in the UK either by purchasing assets or by maintaining the money deposited in a UK-regulated financial institution.
The higher the investment (and therefore the net personal assets required), the faster the applicant will obtain their stay for settlement (ILR).
- Full investment: £2 million
- Stay for settlement (ILR): 5 years
- Full investment: £5 million
- Stay for settlement (ILR): 3 years
- Full investment: £10 million
- Stay for settlement (ILR): 2 years