VISA FREE COUNTRIES
Northern North America
Canadian Dollar (CAN)
Canada - Quebec Entrepreneur
The Quebec Program seeks to attract experienced business persons who will own and actively manage businesses in Quebec that contribute to the economy and create jobs.
The Quebec Entrepreneur category of Canadian immigration was designed to allow qualified business owners and managers the opportunity to obtain a Canadian Permanent Resident Visa, provided that they can effectively create or acquire an agricultural, commercial or industrial business in the Province of Quebec.
- Have acquired a minimum of two years' work experience in business management (planning, supervision and control of human, physical and financial resources) over the course of five years prior to the submission of the candidate’s application and controlled at least 25% of the capital equity. Must also have accumulated this work experience in a profitable business (agricultural, commercial or industrial enterprise) and in a position defined as full time
- Have a minimum net worth of C$300,000 that was obtained legally alone or with the help of their spouse or common-law partner in the event that the spouse or common-law partner is accompanying
- Respect the conditions for entrepreneurs after they arrive in Quebec
Additionally, you must obtain at least 50 points if you intend to carry out a business project, or at least 60 points if you intend to buy a business in Quebec. The point are being awarded according to the selection factors in the entrepreneur points grid.
Here is a list of selection factor by points.
- Education: Maximum 12 points
- Business Experience: Maximum 12 points
- Age: Maximum 10 points
- Ability in English and/or French: Maximum 22 points
- Stay and Family in Québec: Maximum 8 points
- Financial Self-Sufficiency: Maximum 1 points
- Adaptability: Maximum 5 points
- Financial Resources: Maximum 10 points
- Business Project: Maximum 30 points
Total Maximum 110 points
Pass mark 50 or 60 points depending on business project
Also, the applicants and their dependents must also undergo medical examinations and security clearances as part of the Canadian immigration application process.
Permanent Residence Requirements
After arriving in Canada, the Quebec Entrepreneurs will have to adhere to a number of conditions for at least one year throughout the course of the three years after having obtained their Permanent Resident status. After arriving in Quebec as Permanent Resident, the Entrepreneur Program requires you to meet the condition of establishing or acquiring a percentage of equity (at least 25% with a value of at least C$100,000) in a qualifying business in Quebec that you must actively manage.
The entrepreneur must successfully create or acquire an agricultural, commercial or industrial business in the Province of Quebec and employ a Quebec resident in the business (other than the Entrepreneur or accompanying family members) in a position of at least 30 hours a week. (Note that the agricultural Entrepreneur is not bound to this obligation)