VISA FREE COUNTRIES
English, local dialects
East Caribbean Dollars
Antigua & Barbuda
Antigua and Barbuda programme provides a second passport to investors offering visa-free travel to over 110 countries including the UK, EU Schengen zone and Canada. The law of the Citizenship-by-Investment Program of Antigua and Barbuda has been established in 2013. The citizenship and passport is obtained in only 3 months.
There are several options for investment to gaining citizenship in Antigua. Investors can choose to contribute $200,000 to the Antigua National Development Fund; they can invest $1.5m in establishing a business; or the most popular option, to invest $400,000 in a government approved real estate project. There are fees and taxes required in addition to the investment.
Applicants must be of outstanding character, in good health and with no criminal record. There is no requirement for an interview for the Antigua citizenship programme and in fact there is no need to travel to the country to complete the application. There is a requirement to reside in Antigua for a minimum period of 35 days during the first five years when the investment must be maintained.
The program is based on the statute declaring that granted citizenship may not be revoked regardless of changes in the governmental executives or policy. Antigua and Barbuda is part of the Commonwealth since 1981 with English being the official and business language. The Antigua and Barbuda programme is one of the newest citizenship investment programmes available to investors. It is very similar to the longer established citizenship by investment programme in St. Kitts. Processing of applications is quick, usually a second passport is obtained within 3 months. Applications can only be made through authorized agents.
- No tax on worldwide income
- Instant and irrevocable citizenship
- Citizenship and passport in 3 months (35 days over 5 years)
- No need to reside in the country
- Dual nationality allowed.
- Open to all nationalities
- Currency pegged to US Dollar
- Duty free trading in the Caribbean
- Wife and children below 26 obtain passport
- Elderly parents above 65 can also apply as dependents
- Outstanding lifestyle with a safe environment
- Visa-free travel to over 110 countries
- Countries are constantly added to the visa free list
- Easy to obtain visas when required
- List includes Schengen European countries and major countries in Latin America, North America and Asia
- No interview, education or managerial experience required
- No requirement to travel to Antigua and Barbuda during the application process
The combined size of 442 sq. km and population of over 80,000 people, make Antigua and Barbuda the 9th largest country by size in the Caribbean.
To qualify for citizenship in Antigua and Barbuda, applicants need to fulfill one of the investment requirements outlined in the Investment Options section.
- Be of outstanding character
- Hold no criminal record
- Have excellent health
- Have a high personal net worth
- Reside (with the family members who are included in the application) in the country for a minimum of 35 days within a period of 5 years
The Government has adopted the Citizenship-by-Investment Program as one of the mechanisms to promote economic growth, attract developments, increase the inflows of foreign direct investment in the country, support the development of infrastructure, and provide for sustainable future. The citizenship program of Antigua and Barbuda requires making an economic contribution to the country. In exchange, the applicants and their families are granted full citizenship. Citizenship can be obtained through three different forms: the purchase of Real Estate, a financial contribution to the National Development Fund (NDF) or via Investing in a business.
1. National Development Contribution or Charitable Donation
High net worth individuals may choose to make a monetary contribution of US$ 250,000 to the National Development Fund or an approved charity. Note that as a limited time offer the Government reduced this amount to US$ 200,000 with processing fees of US$ 50,000 for the main applicant, US$ 50,000 for the spouse, and free for up to two dependents below 18.
2. Real Estate Investment
Citizenship can be obtained via the purchase of a property for a minimum investment of USD 400,000 in a Government approved project. An initial deposit of approximately USD 15,000 or 10% (depending on the developer) is payable upon reservation of the property and the balance is payable once Citizenship is approved. In order to obtain the Citizenship the applicant must obtain the title deed of the property. The property should be retained for a minimum of five (5) years. During the five years, the property may be sold as long as the citizen acquires another property for at least US$400,000.
3. Establish a Business
Business investment starting at US$1.5 million. Two or more applicants can make a joint business investment where the individual threshold must equal a minimum of US$ 400,000 and the total investment must equal a minimum of US$ 5,000,000.
- USD 50,000 for main applicant
- USD 50,000 for spouse
- USD 25,000 for each child under 18 years of age
- USD 50,000 for each unmarried dependent aged between18 to 25
- USD 50,000 for elderly parents aged above 65 financially dependent on the main applicant
Background Check Fees
Background checks fees are additional to any of the above economic contributions or investment.
- USD 7,500 for Main Applicant
- USD 7,500 for Spouse
- USD 2,000 per dependent child 12-17 years old
- USD 4,000 per dependent child 18-25 years old
- USD 4,000 per dependent parent aged over 65
Further minor fees such as Official Government Citizenship Application Form, Citizenship Certificate and expedite passport fees are additional.
- USD 30,000 for Main Applicant
- USD 5,000 for Spouse
- USD 2,500 per Dependent