EB-5 Program Advantages
The EB-5 Program provides numerous benefits to foreign investors who want to immigrate and project developers/business owners who want that investment to springboard their projects. The following are just a few of the benefits:
- Permanent Residency in the United States for the investor, investor’s spouse and any children under the age of 21
- No language, related business experience, or minimum education requirements
- The freedom to live, work, and retire anywhere in the U.S., regardless of the location of your EB-5 investment
- No sponsor required
- Foreign investors utilizing a designated regional center are given priority by USCIS
- There is no requirement to manage daily business operations and employees
- There are no travel restrictions in and out of investor’s home country
- Currently, there are no visa quota backlogs
- You have the choice to become a U.S. citizen 5 years after you receive a conditional green card
- Job creation requirement is satisfied by direct and indirect job creation
- Education at U.S. colleges and universities at in-state costs.
Project Developers/Business Owners
- Funding for project*
- No requirement for investor to be involved on a daily basis
- No requirement for investor to reside near project/business location
- Job creation
- Helping U.S. employment.
*Funding for the project or business is obviously the key advantage. Given the current lending environment, this allows business owners and real estate developers a new source of funding outside the traditional banking circles.