VISA FREE COUNTRIES
Belgium is a "financial" capital of Europe with rich international presence. The country is investor friendly and most favorable for businesses in terms of taxation.
Belgium does not offer citizenship by investment program like other countries, but residence by investment available for investors and business entrepreneurs.
Belgium Residence Program (BRP) has no minimum residency requirements, does not require you to stay or live at all in Belgium, but you can still apply for Permanent Residence (PR) or Passport. For example if you have a business to look after in another part of the world, you might like to stay there for most of the time but want to visit or live in Belgium anytime you want, without the need to apply for visa.
Most of the fees associated with Belgium program are the lawyer & processing fees, office rental, business expenses, social contributions etc. Belgium is a case by case solution and can vary in terms of pricing. Average until citizenship stage (5 years) is reached is EUR 350k - 500k. Payments are done in steps, however, the first year can easily cost you up to EUR 200,000.
It is recommended for individuals to have at least EUR 350,000 at their disposal to start Belgium program.
There are some important points to consider when establishing a company in Belgium and applying for a Residence Permit:
- The company’s share capital must be at least € 18,600 (fully paid for a Limited Company - BVBA)
- The applicant need not be a shareholder of the company
- The applicant's yearly salary must be at least € 37.712 for a highly skilled employee, or at least €62.934 for an employee with a managerial position
Belgium is very attractive to many foreigners because:
- European Center of International Businesses and multinational corporations
- No limitations on minimum stay a year
- Business friendly country
- Apply for citizenship with just 3 yrs. of legal residence in Belgium
- Belgian citizenship is acquired by right after 7 years of legal residence
- No restrictions on dual citizenship
- Multicultural country with English widely spoken
- Visa free travel to over 100 countries
Foreigners and non-EU persons can apply for residence permit under investor or business category, which usually involves in either investing in a Belgian company as a director/owner of the company. You can easily qualify for the Belgian residence permit along with any family members. It usually takes 3-8 months to get the residence permit issued to investors who form their company. You will need to renew the residence permit annually for 3 years and after which you will qualify for permanent residence permit.
- Clean Criminal Record.
- Good business and financial background.
- Good References
- Non-EU citizens need to demonstrate solid ties to Belgium. A good way to demonstrate such ties, is establishing a Belgian company with good financial backing
- A personal visit is usually required to complete the formalities with Belgian Government
We expect our clients to invest a minimum of EUR 350,000, to cover the necessary costs and expenses, to immigrate to Belgium. We assist high net worth clients and business investors.
The BVBA and SPRL are the most popular company types in Belgium. The Belgian BVBA company works just like Limited Liability Company. Taxes are actually around 30% and annual returns are filed every 12 months in accordance with Belgian regulations. With proper tax planning you can substantially minimize the tax liability.
Fees for a Belgian residence application will vary from case by case. For a residence permit application the following minimum fees (exclusive of VAT, which may apply depending on the client’s situation) are charged (for one/main applicant):
1. Main Applicant
€ 95,000 for the application to obtain a residence permit for the first year
€ 25,000 for every renewal for the second and subsequent years
€ 35,000 for a citizenship application (possible at the earliest after the third year)
2. Fees For Family Members (Spouses And Children Under 18 Years Of Age), Per Family Member
€ 20,000 for application to obtain a residence permit for the first year
€ 10,000 for every renewal for the second and subsequent years
€ 20,000 for a citizenship application (at the earliest after the third year)
3. Company Incorporation Costs
- Costs for establishing a company and directors fee: Approx. € 10,000- € 20,000 in the first year and approx. € 5,000 per year thereafter
- Office Rental Space: Available from approx. € 6,000 per year
- Costs for accounting, tax returns and company maintenance as well as private accommodation furnished apartment: approx. €1,000 per month.
The above fee includes all of the following services:
- Advice and assistance during the initial residence application
- Assistance in the search for adequate housing
- Initial pre-immigration tax advice
- Direct access to the various authorities
- Assistance with opening bank accounts in Belgium
- Liaison with all local and government authorities
- Submission of the application to the relevant government authorities
- Advice and assistance regarding local accommodation and related formalities
- Assistance with the registration in the municipality
- Advice and assistance during all renewals of the temporary residence permit
- Assistance with obtaining a permanent residence permit
- Advice and assistance with the citizenship application
- Follow-up of the citizenship application
- Assistance with the passport application