Immigrant Investor Program Quebec
The Quebec Application for Selection Certificate requires an extensive amount of documentation be submitted to support the investor file. All documents must be submitted in their original language and must be in the correct format. Documents submitted in a non-conforming format may result in the rejection of an investor application or the return of the document to the sender. All certified true copies and photocopies must be of excellent quality or immigration authorities could deem them inadmissible.
Certified true copy documents require an authorized person, such as a notary public, to compare the original document to the photocopy. The authorized notary must then print on the copy "I certify that this is a true copy of the original document" along with their name, official position or title, signature, name of the original document, as well as the date of the certification.
If you submit documents or parts of documents in a language other than French or English, you must provide:
- the document in its original language, in the required format (original, certified true copy or photocopy);
- the original of the complete translation done by a recognized translator. To learn the requirements for translations and the definition of a recognized translator, consult our Web site at www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/document-requirements.
The applicant is totally responsible for the truthfulness and accuracy of all information and documents submitted in support of their application, including any documentation provided on their behalf by an authorized person. Please be advised that immigration authorities in Quebec may independently verify the accuracy of information provided on investment immigration applications with third parties.
Any false or misleading information given in relation to Canadian immigration for investors is an offense under the law, and the applicant may be liable to a fine, refusal or rejection, or even the cancellation of their Quebec Selection Certificate (QSC).
The following documents are required as part of a Quebec Immigrant Investor Program application. Forms, declarations, investment agreements, and appendices must bear original handwritten signatures.
Section 1 - Quebec Selection Certificate application documents:
- Payment of fees charged to examine an application (original)
- Application for Selection Certificate (original)
- Declaration on Common Values of Quebec Society (original)
- Declaration by spouse or de facto spouse (original)
- Investment agreement signed with authorized broker or trust company (original)
- Power of attorney with respect to financial transactions (photocopy)
- Declaration by the broker or trust company with respect to identity checks and monetary due diligence (original)
- Detailed narrative written in signatory's mother tongue for principal applicant as well as spouse (original)
Section 2 - Power of attorney documents:
- Power of attorney mandate duly completed by applicant and legal representative (original)
- Authorization to communicate personal information (original)
Section 3 - Identity and civil status documents:
- Valid passport from country of birth, and any other country where citizenship is held including second passport jurisdictions. Required for main applicant, spouse, and all dependent children, and must include all pages in the passport, even blank ones (photocopy).
- National identity card(s), front and back, for principal applicant and spouse (photocopy)
- Birth certificate of all persons included in investor file (photocopy)
- Family booklet or household register of all persons (photocopy)
- Marriage certificate if applicable
- Spousal proof documents: mortgage or lease bearing both names, joint bank account statements, utility bills, etc. (photocopy)
- Divorce certificate if principal applicant or spouse were previously married (photocopy)
- Official adoption papers of dependent child if applicable (photocopy)
- Official change of name documents of any person included in the investor file if applicable (photocopy)
- Recent passport size photo of principal applicant, spouse, and all dependent children (original)
- Declaration of parental consent authorizing child to immigrate to Canada. This document must be made before a judge, officer of the court, government employee, notary, diplomat or consular representative from country of citizenship, or a magistrate, and must include their signature and professional seal (original).
- Signed identity item of non-accompanying parent, if declaration of parental consent for permanent immigration of child is authorized by a non-accompanying parent (photocopy)
- Court judgment or certificate indicating the exclusive assignment of child's custody rights to accompanying parent if applicable (photocopy)
- Death certificate of parent of dependent child if applicable (photocopy)
- Medical certificate attesting to adult child's physical or psychological incapacity if applicable (original)
Section 4 - Selection criteria documents:
- Diploma or certificate obtained by principal applicant from public or private education institution recognized by the Government (certified true copy)
- Transcript corresponding to educational diploma or certificate submitted (certified true copy)
- Attestation of recognized French test results or recognized diploma in French for principal applicant, which results in priority treatment under the Quebec Investor Program 2016. Recognized tests for demonstrating intermediate-advanced level French including TEF, TEF Canada, TCF, TCFQ, and TEFAQ (photocopy).
- Attestation of IELTS test results (photocopy)
- Previous Quebec study permits, work permits, tourist or business visas, or passport stamps/airline tickets confirming previous visits to Quebec by principal applicant or spouse (photocopy)
- Birth certificate, Quebec health insurance card, and Canadian passport or PR card of any family in Quebec of either principal applicant or spouse (photocopy)
Section 5 - Declared net worth documents for principal applicant and spouse:
- Bank statements for bank accounts (chequing and/or savings) covering all banking transactions for at least the last 12 months (original)
- Statement of securities account issued by the Central Securities Depository indicating all stocks and bonds held on the last day of the last three complete fiscal years (original)
- Statement of securities transactions endorsed by a securities broker covering the last three complete fiscal years (original)
- Attestation from financial institution indicating the current value of all term deposits, guaranteed investment certificates, mutual funds, and treasury bills (photocopy)
- Insurance subscription agreements including documentation issued by financial institution confirming cash surrender value (photocopy)
- Any documents issued by a financial institution establishing other valuables declared in the investor immigration application such as warranty bonds or pension funds, including their acquisition cost (photocopy)
- Final purchase agreement, title deed, and registration in official cadastre (where applicable) of any residential or commercial property including land (photocopy)
- Professional valuation report for property holdings prepared by an accredited natural or legal person indicating separately the value of land and the value of buildings. Real estate valuator must hold a license from competent authority, and report must describe all sources of data as well as valuation methodology (original).
- Proof of payment of purchase price of real estate as well as any taxes. Receipt must include purchase date (photocopy).
- Additional purchase agreements reflecting full purchase price transacted between parties, if property was bought or sold in a country where documented real estate purchase prices are based on government valuations that differ from fair market value (such as Vietnam, India, Iran, etc.) A written declaration indicating the effective purchase amount can also suffice (photocopy).
- Personal credit report issued by a public credit registry such as the People's Bank of China, or if no public registry exists a private credit registry such as TransUnion, Equifax, or Experian. This personal credit report should list all short-term and long-term financial liabilities such as bank loans, mortgages, lines of credit, credit cards, etc. (original)
- Wealth tax returns endorsed by official tax office, applicable in countries where this exists such as India and Kenya (photocopy)
Section 6 - Management experience documents
- Relevant documentation attesting to principal applicant's performance of duties related to the management, planning, and control of material or human resources as well as financial resources under his or her authority (photocopy)
- Declaration of employees to public agency endorsed by issuing authority, such as social security office, or employer's public liability insurance (photocopy)
- Certificate or work attestation for each work period and each management job for which applicant drew compensation that contributed to their current savings, assets, or investments (photocopy)
- Any management contract or employment contracts (photocopy)
- Personal income documentation in the name of principal applicant or spouse, endorsed by appropriate government authorities such as tax office, employment insurance, or pension fund. Income amounts must match personal income declared in narrative document of investor application (photocopy).
- Personal income tax returns for principal applicant or spouse including all schedules and receipts for payment, endorsed by official tax office (photocopy)
- History of social contributions by main applicant or spouse, especially any made to a pension fund (original or certified true copy)
Section 7 - Corporate documents for principal applicant or spouse:
- Registration certificate with the Registrar of Companies or its equivalent, and if applicable any extracts from business publications confirming the registration of business (photocopy)
- Tax registration certificate or card of the corporation (photocopy)
- Recent extracts from the Registrar of Companies or its equivalent (photocopy)
- Partnership agreements, articles of association, joint venture contracts, corporate by-laws, or memoranda of association agreements, including any amendments (photocopy)
- Documents supporting the transfer of funds invested in the corporation, such as relevant bank extracts (photocopy)
- Bank certificates on share capital investments. If applicable, include audit reports on capital prepared by an independent outside auditor (photocopy)
- Prospectus prepared for initial public offering (IPO) if company is listed on a stock exchange (photocopy)
- Annual reports covering at least the last five complete fiscal years if publically traded company (photocopy)
- For companies with one or more subsidiaries or a partnership, reports on the review engagement on financial statements or consolidated financial statements. The reports must contain a balance sheet, cash flow statement, profit and loss statement, and statement of retained earnings for each year. Accounting information must include a full breakdown of balance sheet items, revenue by business line, operating costs and administrative costs such as payroll, nature of activities, range of products offered, address of all business locations, organizational structure, existence of inter-company loans including their nature and recoverability, existence of company sales or loans with related parties, ownership and use of buildings valued on the books, and tax regime that applies to company. Additionally, reports should include accounting methodology and principles used to determine value of inventory, identification of fixed assets, and annual amortization of assets by category (original).
- Alternatively to the above, audit reports on financial statements accompanied by external documentation from competent authorities such as the credit bureau will suffice to support the legality of activities as well as the financial performance of incorporated businesses (photocopy)
- Corporate income tax Notice of Assessment or NOA (photocopy)
- Alternatively to the above, corporate income tax returns and payment receipts with all schedules endorsed by tax office (photocopy)
- Corporate banking statements if requested in writing by Immigration Quebec (original)
- Corporate credit report issued by public credit registry such as central bank, or private credit registry such as Equifax or TransUnion (original)
- Income statement (profit and loss) if the company is a sole proprietorship (original)
- Detailed appraisal report of sole proprietorship showing net worth (original)
- Bank account statements used by sole proprietorship if requested in writing by Immigration Quebec (original)
Section 8 - Inheritance and donation documents:
- For donations, identification of donor and proof of their financial capacity to make such a donation, as well as the legal original of the funds (photocopy)
- For donations, documents attesting to the transfer of goods or funds received, such as transfer of property deed or proof of bank transfer (photocopy)
- For inheritances, certificate of death as well as notarized will or court judgment confirming the nature of the inheritance. Documents attesting to the transfer of funds or assets to the heir are also required (photocopy).
While the Quebec Immigrant Investor Program document checklist is clearly extensive, a legal team will work alongside clients to ensure they can procure all necessary documentation in the easiest manner possible. Our law firm is entirely committed to the success of their clients, and will help guide them in an effective manner through each step of the investment immigration process.